Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Name:||Tempered Glass Panels||Shape:||Curve, Flat|
|Function:||Decorative Glass, Heat Reflective Glass||Technique:||Clear Glass, Tempered Glass|
|Sample:||Supplier Free Sample||Size:||Customized|
Clear Safety Tempered Glass Partition Wall/Glass Partition
19mm toughened glassalso called toughened glass.Tempered glass is made by heating flat glass to just below its softening temperature and suddenly hilling it with jets of cold air.
Tempered or toughened glass is a type of safety glass processed by controlled thermal or chemical treatments to increase its strength compared with normal glass. Tempering puts the outer surfaces into compression and the interior into tension. Such stresses cause the glass, when broken, to crumble into small granular chunks instead of splintering into jagged shards as plate glass (a.k.a. annealed glass) does. The granular chunks are less likely to cause injury.
Tempered glass is physically and thermally stronger than normal glass. The greater contraction of the inner layer during manufacturing induces compressive stresses in the surface of the glass balanced by tensile stresses in the body of the glass. For glass to be considered tempered, this compressive stress on the surface of the glass should be a minimum of 69 megapascals (10,000 psi). For it to be considered safety glass, the surface compressive stress should exceed 100 megapascals (15,000 psi). As a result of the increased surface stress, if the glass is ever broken it only breaks into small circular pieces as opposed to sharp jagged shards. This characteristic makes tempered glass safe for high-pressure and explosion proof applications.
It is this compressive stress that gives the tempered glass increased strength. This is because annealed glass, which has almost no internal stress, usually forms microscopic surface cracks, and any applied tension gets magnified at the surface, reducing the applied tension needed to propagate the crack. Once it starts propagating, tension gets magnified even more easily, causing it to propagate at the speed of sound in the material. Consequently, annealed glass is fragile and breaks into irregular and sharp pieces.[Any cutting or grinding must be done prior to tempering. Cutting, grinding, and sharp impacts after tempering will cause the glass to fracture.
The strain pattern resulting from tempering can be observed by viewing through an optical polarizer, such as a pair of polarizing sunglasses.
Tempered glass is used when strength, thermal resistance, and safety are important considerations. Passenger vehicles, for example, have all three requirements. Since they are stored outdoors, they are subject to constant heating and cooling as well as dramatic temperature changes throughout the year. Moreover, they must withstand small impacts from road debris such as stones as well as automobile accidents. Because large, sharp glass shards would present additional and unacceptable danger to passengers, tempered glass is used so that if broken, the pieces are blunt and mostly harmless. The windscreen or windshield is instead made of laminated glass, which will not shatter into pieces when broken while side windows and the rear windshield are typically tempered glass.
About Tempered Glass
Tempered glass is a kind of pre-stressed glass, to improve the strength of the glass, typically using a chemical treatment or physical hardening hardening treatment method, form a pressure in the glass surface, the glass surface exposed to external stress when the first offset, thereby improving the carrier ability to enhance glass itself wind pressure resistance, cold and heat resistance, impact resistance and so on.
1. Security: When the glass is external damage, Debris will become very small obtuse angle grains and difficult to cause harm to humans.
2. High strength: the impact strength tempered glass of the same thickness of ordinary glass 3 to 5 times more than the ordinary glass ,bending strength 3-5 times.
3. Thermal stability: Tempered glass has good thermal stability, can withstand the temperature is more than 3 times that of ordinary glass, can withstand 200 °C temperature changes.
1.What is tempered glass
tempered glass has been processed intense heating and rapid cooling in a controlled process.
Tempered glass will not break into sharp shards,but will instead break into small pieces or fragments.These fragments of tempered glass also called cuboids,because of their shape,and will not cut or cause harm as easily as regular glass.
The feature of tempered glass
1. Tempered glass is 5 times harder than ordinary float glass
2.Tempered glass is with Excellent mechanical strength and safety performance
3.High security, once tempered glass breakage occurs, the glass disintegrate into small cubical fragments,which are relative harmless to human body
4.Sizes of tempered glass are produced per your request,once tempered, cannot be cut down
clear,low-iron,F green,ocean blue,Fort blue,and other tinted glass
Flat edge,grind edge,fine polished edge,bevelled edge and others
natural corner,grind corner,round corner with fine polished
Drill work available at customer's option
Tempered glass with AS/NZS2208,EN12150&12600,SGCC,IGCC,CE, 3C certificate and Fire-proof certificate.
U.S.A, Germany,Australia,Singapore,Japan,Thailand,,Vietnam,Italy, India,
Building glass,Curtain wall, Air conditioned Buildings,Hotel,Furniture,
Showcase,Sightseeing elevator,Bus station,Subway station,bank,airport,etc.
Other typical applications of tempered glass include:
Shower doors and bathroom areas
Exhibition areas and displays
Computer towers or cases
1. Hotels, restaurants, coffee shops,skywalk,curtain wall,pool fence
2. Stages, stairs, landscape lobbies,floors,balcony balustrade
3. Showcases, KTV and other entertainments, clubs
4. airport, railway stations, sports center, super markets, museum, shopping malls, etc.
1. Plywood or wooden crate
2. with paper or cork between each two glass sheets
3. Corner protector and protective film is available
4. Crates shall be banded by steel bands
Delivery Time: Shipped within 7-15 days after payment
What we can do for you
1. Quality standards: standards: EN12150, AS/NZS 2208, ANSI Z97.1-2004, BS6206, SGS.
2. Available glass: AGC, Saint-Gobain, XINYI, reflective tempered glass, clear toughened safety glass, Ultra clear low iron tempered glass, Tinted glass and so on.
3. Shape: Flat or Curved Tempered Glass.
4. Available color: clear, blue, gray, green, frosted, colorful, silk-screen glass.
5. Available for easy cleaning, nano coating.
6. Available Thickness: 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 15mm,19mm
Why Choose Us
1. 24 years manufacturing and exporting experience in glass industry
2. Top quality glass with ASTM, SGCC, Australia AS and European CE standard, exporting to more than 100 countries.
3. Professional production and experienced sales team dedicated to provide one-stop service.
4. Keep first article assurance (FAA) and final inspection before shipment.
5. Safety package. fastened by steel strips suitable for long distance transportation. Free from fumigation and Different packaging available.
1. Competitive Advantages:
1. ) Delivery on time with high quality.
2. ) High difficulty glass processing, including extra large tempered glass, multi-layer laminated glass, triple silver lowe insulating glass units.
3. )Considerable after-sale services .
4. )Can choose different glass for substrate,like clear,low-iron,silk-printing,sandblasting,tinted glass,it can widely usage as the engineering requirements.
5. ) Size and thickness can be as requirements in commonly, that is flexible.
6. ) Had the international Certificate approved,like CE,EN14179,ASTM C 1048 :2004, ISO9001:2008, CCC, GB.
2. Notes & Remarks:
1. )Commercial building glass widely use for Hotel,Casino,Universities,airport etc.
2. )OEM Service/Customer design is welcome.
3. )Delivery time is about 2 or 3 weeks.
4. )Sample time is about 3-7 days.
Contact Person: Mark Yang